Venture Christian Church in Murrieta, CA is a nondenominational body with our roots based in the Restoration movement. We are an Elder-led congregation that has served the Murrieta community for the past 14 years. We are currently seeking a full time Senior
Pastor who will oversee the life and direction of the church along with and under the guidance of our Elders. The Senior Pastor provides spiritual leadership through preaching and teaching, working with the Elders and ministry leaders to implement the vision
and mission of the congregation. He is responsible for equipping them to spread the gospel and perform various works of ministry, both locally and globally. We are trusting that God is preparing someone who will love our people and is dedicated to disciple
making as well as raising up and empowering Christ-like leadership.
A Leader of Leaders: The Senior Pastor will be leading in a variety of contexts and encouraging the multiplication of ministry leadership by empowering both staff and volunteers. He will be someone who
isn’t afraid to work himself out of a job.
Relational: The Senior Pastor must be someone who not only can effectively manage “programs”, but has a heart to shepherd God’s people.
Team Player: The Senior Pastor will work with staff – both paid and volunteer – at multiple levels and will communicate openly and effectively to those he works with.
Vision Caster: The Senior Pastor must have the ability to dream big, see the big picture and contribute to, communicate, support and further develop strategy to “build the church”
Good Communicator: The Senior Pastor will be someone who communicates well and is able to articulate scripture in a practical/tangible way.
General Summary of Duties
- Leads and develops all staff and ministry leaders
- Casts vision and serves as “Lead Shepherd” of the congregation
- Manages church staff including hiring, supervising, and giving annual reviews
- Plan and oversee Sunday morning services.
- Preach and teach
- Manages and trains volunteer leadership teams?
- Responsible for developing and empowering ministry teams
- Provides spiritual leadership to Church Board of Directors, Elder Board and Pre-School Board?
- Oversees administrative affairs of the church?
- Oversees preschool leadership and provides supervision to the Director?
- Provide pastoral counseling and other traditional pastoral duties
- Reflect the biblical qualities in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1
- Strong desire to see lives in the local community transformed by the gospel and the Church mobilized to live out the Great Commission
- Has a BA and preferably an MA/MDIV from an accredited biblical institution.
- Proven success in leadership development, strategy and big-picture thinking
- Strong and prayerful leader who exhibits humility and decisiveness
- In agreement and alignment with Venture’s core beliefs. (www.venturecc.com)
- Strong work ethic, not afraid to get his hands dirty, self-starter and willing to do what it takes to get the job done.
- Someone who can laugh at himself, not take things too seriously, and handle a little sarcasm. :)
If you meet these qualifications and feel that God is stirring you to apply for this position, please send a cover letter, resume, preaching sample and anything else you would like to provide us that would give us an accurate view of who
you are to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Murrieta is a fast-growing community in south Riverside county, nestled up against the hills of Camp Pendleton. Murrieta is about an hour from the beaches of San Diego and Orange County in a quiet community regularly touted as the 2nd safest city (with over
100,000 people) in the United States. Murrieta has a small town feel and is considered by many to be a “commuter city”, as the majority of our congregants live local but travel to SD/OC/LA for work.