Media Relations Specialist – Job Description
Hamilton Strategies, a nationwide PR and media firm working with Christian/Evangelical ministries and organizations, is expanding and looking for an extremely organized self-starter - one who is highly motivated, resourceful, energetic, goal-oriented, detailed
and an excellent writer - to perform the following duties:
- Specialized and routine media relations/communications strategies and efforts which require independent judgment; maintaining daily communication with staff, media and clients;
- Pitch media, secure and coordinate interviews to meet monthly interview goals, provide
talking points and backgrounders for clients and media;
- Organize workflow, systematize procedures and keep all staff members and clients connected through calendaring schedules and maintaining daily, weekly, monthly and annual staff and client event, media and PR campaign calendars;
- Comprehensive knowledge of cultural issues; reading, researching and summarizing news from top news and relevant media outlets; routing correspondence; drafting news releases, media statements, letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information;
- Prepare all routine correspondence, news release distribution and up to date media lists, presentations including Power Point, proposals, media reports, charts, graphs, and spreadsheets on regular basis; prepare client media reports and communications;
coordinate and execute special projects; prepare and produce media contracts;
- Assist with radio and television syndication efforts and growth of affiliates.
- Expertise and planning social media strategy;
- Develop advanced presentation materials; prioritize and resolve inquiries (phone, e-mail, in person);contact (written, email, verbal and occasionally in person) media and vendors across U.S.;
- Assist with agenda preparation; arrange meeting facilities; assist with event coordination;
Full understanding of Christian faith and biblical values, with the ability to communicate deeply with clients, media and staff on all Christian faith issues.
Minimum 3 years of strong PR and media experience, preferably in a PR, advertising or marketing firm, or in the PR or marketing department of an organization.
Excellent academic record; bachelor’s degree required (PR, communications or marketing is preferred; English, journalism, history and other majors are acceptable)
Computer Skills Required: Expert in Microsoft Office Systems and Tools (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, Publisher), basic understanding of HTML code writing, database management, Adobe.
Excellent proof-reading, writing, grammar, spelling skills and phone skills.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts for media placement values and billing.
Occasional lifting and/or moving items up to 25 pounds during events, filing, organizing the office, etc.
Assertive and confident worker, demonstrating flexibility, teachable spirit, excellent interpersonal skills, godly and positive attitude and a demonstrated team player.
Call 215.815.7716 or email Deborah Hamilton at DHamilton@HamiltonStrategies.com or MHamilton@HamiltonStrategies.com.
Hamilton Strategies is one of the top public relations firms in the U.S. and one of the most recognized PR firms serving Christian organizations and ministries in America. Since our founding, the firm has carved out a niche in family policy advocacy with
ministry-related organizations and we skillfully practice faith-based and secular broadcast media and public relations with an emphasis on local, national and international organizations. We bring our clients over 60 years of strategic communications experience
to advance cultural issues relating to traditional family, marriage, education and religious issues that affect our nation. Hamilton Strategies offers a generous benefits package.
Learn more about us: