OVERVIEW OF JOB:
As our Family-Teaching Couple, you will provide direct care for 6-8 at-risk youth through creating a safe and loving family style living environment. Living on-site in a Boys Town Family home, together you will provide youth with moral, spiritual, and educational
development needed for future success. This includes providing emotional support utilizing praise, positive feedback, affection, and empathy to build ones self-confidence and respect. Through the use of the Boys Town Model, you will guide and teach youth appropriate
skills and behaviors. Using rational problem solving techniques you will teach youth critical thinking skills, assist with behavioral problems, counsel through personal issues, and provide crisis intervention when needed. As our Family Teaching Couple you
will plan, participate, and provide opportunities for individual and family activities that are both educational and entertaining. Through displaying and teaching parenting, family, and relationship skills to youth, legal guardians, and caretakers you will
help create collaborative relationships and family engagement. You will maintain contact with both internal and external consumers/agencies to obtain and/or provide information regarding youth's behaviors, strategies, and progress.
As our Family Teaching Couple, you will be responsible for maintaining and preparing written records for household budgeting, tracking youth progress, reporting incidents/behaviors, and documenting youth medical needs and appointments. You will continually
provide support for educational success through monitoring youth academic performance. Additionally, you will teach and role model Boys Town values and ethical behaviors, as well as support and encourage participation in regular religious activities. As our
Family Teaching Couple you will be responsible for supervising the activities of your assigned Assistant Family Teacher to aid in their development and success. Additionally, you will manage the daily operating schedule of the home; assist with youth transportation
needs, and overall household upkeep. This position can also be referred to as houseparent or house parent.
WE ARE CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR MISSION DRIVEN COUPLES TO ADD TO OUR HOUSEPARENT PIPELINE IN THE FOLLOWING LOCATIONS:
• Omaha, NE (Headquarters Campus)
• New Orleans, LA
• Washington D.C.
• Tallahassee, FL
• Oviedo, FL
• Portsmouth, RI
REQUIRED EDUCATION, TRAINING, EXPERIENCE, OR SKILLS:
- Be at least 21 years of age or older, except if applying for Washington D.C. due to contractual requirements one must be at least 22 years of age or older
- High School diploma or equivalent is required, some college credit is preferred
- A valid driver's license with a good driving record and the ability to pass a MVR Check
- Ability and desire to work and live with youth
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Flexibility and willingness to work a wide array of hours, which will include days, evenings, weekends and holidays
- A willingness to learn and implement all phases of the Boys Town Home Model, including all intervention and administrative functions
- Proven record of sound judgment and ability to work with children in a mature and responsible manner
- Ability to pass a thorough background check and reference verification procedure in order to determine one's fitness to satisfactorily and safely care for youth
BENEFITS OF BEING A BOYS TOWN FAMILY-TEACHING COUPLE:
- A minimum annual salary of $54,400/Couple (Starting salaries vary by location)
- Fully paid living expenses, which include rent, utilities and a monthly household budget
- Excellent benefits package that includes health, dental and vision insurance; a 401K retirement plan; paid vacation and sick leave
- A company vehicle
- Relocation Assistance
- Opportunities to earn college credit while working
- Career advancement opportunities within the organization
Apply Online Today At: jobs.boystown.org
If you have questions prior to applying please feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com OR 1.877.639.6003
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application
process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.
Individuals in this position also show interest in: social work, family advocacy, wrap-around services, foster care, case planning, case management, mental health, psychology, sociology, human services, CASA, social services, criminal justice, criminology,
To be considered for this position, please visit our web site at https://jobs.boystown.org to view a list of open positions for each of our sites.